Well, we have been home a week now! It is amazing how some things change, and some things just stay the same. I had hoped for everything to change....but after a week I realize that the sameness is good in a way. It's comforting to have the same routine, hear the same little pitter-patter of feet down the hallway, and be able to be home with the ones you love. But it's amazing how God has changed the lens that I see that sameness through. I am very thankful for that. I pray that I can continue to see life through this lens of gratitude, of plenty, of blessing, of needing for nothing, of compassion for others, of desire to reach out and give of what I've been given.
We arrived home late Saturday night, greeted Beth and Tag on Sunday morning (Man, it was good to see those two cuties!), hung out, did laundry, and grocery shopped on Monday and Tuesday. Then Wednesday we had Beth's Field Day at her preschool, and Wednesday night started the week's wedding festivities for Luke's cousin, Sydney. Thursday was rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, and Friday the wedding at the beautiful Dallas Arboretum. So! You can see we've had a fun busy week. I promise to get Africa pics posted soon! But until then...enjoy a few from Beth's Field Day!
Did I say how much I missed this sweet girl?

2 comments:
the pic of tag playing in the bubbles is with our friend, Blake. he lives 5 houses down from us and his parents have been friends with mike since middle school. funny to see him on your blog:)
I am glad you are back to the 'sameness' of your life, looking at it through new lenses. I loved the way you wrote that. I think we all need an 'eye checkup' from time to time, to appreciate the things that God has already blessed us with, instead of always focusing on the things that we haven't yet received. Nice entry...and glad you have your babies back!
Post a Comment