
More pics coming your way! The dialogue may be a little more sparse as I'm typing with my left hand. Had shoulder surgery on Wednesday, so I'm a bit crippled. But thankful that they found the problem....and hopeful that I'll be good as new in a few months!
Here are the guys standing with John who was in charge of maintenance on the property. John had a contagious sense of humor...and a joy that drew all of us to him.

This was a miracle baby that Luke and I "helped" Dr. Sheets deliver. It was a difficult breech delivery...with no electricity, no pain meds for the mom, and a whole lot of prayer. The baby's head was stuck in the birth canal for about 8 minutes while trying to encourage the mom to push. Once she made it, it was another 20 minutes or so of resuscitation and praying. It was an interesting dialogue with the Lord as my prayers went from begging Him to save this little life....to asking for His perfect will to be done as I considered all the "circumstances" that this child would face growing up. So God saw fit to spare this child, and here she is healthy the next morning. I wonder what He has planned for her little life?

Luke educating the other docs on a new ultrasound machine they had just received.

Did you know bananas grew
up? And look at the big bud about to blossom on the bottom.

Some of the brick homes for families on the hospital grounds.

Building a goat fence...Logan loved working with the older guys. :)


These are the "shops" at Karanda.

Parking lot while shopping.


We were just browsing....didn't really want to buy much here. Did come back with a couple of "fantas" though.

Braiding hair was always on Faith's daily agenda.

As was soccer for Logan and Tinashe.

One morning we went to the Primary school on the grounds....it is for children of the hospital employees. They do British Correspondence School here, and are taught by an American Missionary teacher. It's a great school, especially when you consider the alternative that the kids out in the villages have.

Faith Anna with the Grade 1 kids.

Logan working with the Grade 3 and 5 kids.

Many of you have asked how we filtered our water.... ceramic filters.


How all the people dried their corn before taking it to be ground into meali-meal.

Sitting on the floor of the pharmacy sorting all the meds we brought. Speaking of meds, it's about time for some pain medicine for my shoulder! More from Karanda later...
1 comment:
I am loving seeing all the pictures and hearing the stories! It is great to see ya'll there!
Post a Comment