
We had the chance to share in our Bible Fellowship Class this past Sunday all about our Africa trip. It was fun watching the video again and remembering all the little things God did while we were there. I can't believe we've been home for 3 weeks now! The second group from P.A.P.A. Missions just left yesterday, and we went to send them off. We printed out lots of pictures to send back to our friends there....and sent some requested clothes and supplies. What a beautiful place...what beautiful people. I miss it already....


Papaya tree

Some of our work projects included hanging ceiling fans...

Sewing curtains for the nursing dorms...


Painting chairs for the school.

This was such a common sight among the African homesteads....drying out the corn to make cornmeal....and the sunflowers to make oil. Life is so much simpler there....work to survive. Makes me really contemplate all the hundreds of choices we have down each aisle at the grocery store. Sometimes choices complicate things. I like simple.

Chicken coop

Mama pig and piglets

Kids can find lots of things to do outside when there's no TV, video games, etc luring them indoors. Logan and Tinashe made their own bows and used sticks for arrows.


The women in Zimbabwe carry all of their things on their heads....I saw this over and over each day....and it still amazed me EVERY time! And note this sweet lady not only has a huge load overhead....but a baby on her back as well!

Yes, she's balancing a watermelon on her head! I know! See what I mean?

Luke and da boys

Digging in the dirt is fun.

Faith and Patricia

Faith and Praise

The Faith Fan Club

Rotendo and I

Dinner was one of my favorite times of day. Each evening we would invite several folks from the Karanda community to come and eat dinner with us. You know, this is really when you get to know people....as you share a meal together. It was fun to have guests each night and to treat them to an American meal. I loved the conversation, the cultural differences
and similarities ...and watching how many helpings they each took on their plates! These humble people who would give you the shirt off their backs were actually very hungry...although you'd never know it. But once offered, they kept coming back for more. It was a privilege to be able to fill their bellies. But I'm more thankful that they were already feasting on the true Bread of Life to fill their souls...

This pic is for you and C.J., Jen! They even have John Deere tractors in Africa!

This is Landon with Biggie. Biggie drives the JD tractor that pulls this trailor...he picks all the trash up on the property and takes it off to a field and burns it. Biggie has a neat story...he's a work in progress that's trying to finish strong. His father was killed in the war when he was an infant, mother left him and his sister when he was 2 and she was 5 to remarry in another country, he was raised by people in the community, taken under the wing of John the maintenance man at Karanda, shown God's love, mercy, and provision by the good people there, married and has 2 children of his own now, trying to lean English because he was never taught in school, and hoping to do life differently and with more grace as he walks this journey with Christ. I really liked Biggie.


See what I mean about the head thing??

This is Mai Christine carrying all of our laundry on her head. Seriously. And look at that smile...contagious, huh? Medical pics coming next blog...not for the faint at heart. :)

1 comment:
it is truly amazing what they can load up and carry around on their heads! every picture had a contagious smile...
i miss that place!
Post a Comment