10:00 pm Logan walked down the stairs and said that he just couldn't sleep. He told us that he felt "all alone" upstairs. So precious that my big 7 year old boy can still just need his mama and daddy sometimes. And keep in mind, in the two years that we've been in this house, he has never once complained of being upstairs alone. Quite the contrary, he has always loved having his very own "boy space"! So I seized the opportunity to head upstairs with my boy and sit beside him in his bed and love on him. I gave him "hair scratches" until he fell asleep about 30 minutes later. :)
12:00 am Luke and I stayed up way too late just hanging out and having fun together. I love my nights with him. But we both climbed into bed saying that we sure hoped everyone slept all night....
4:17 am Tag woke up crying this pitiful little cry. I went in wondering if it was his gums hurting....he just cut his 6th tooth yesterday! But when I picked him up I realized he had leaked thru his diape. So I changed his diaper and his clothes....and then again took advantage of some quiet time with my youngest boy. We rocked in the rocker, read a few books, turned on some quiet music and just snuggled. He put his head on my chest and just loved on me. We haven't had many wonderful, quiet, middle-of-the-night times since he was just a few months old! It was absolutely precious. As we were snuggling though, I heard the pitter-patter of some little footsteps down the hallway. I knew immediately it was probably Beth...but I couldn't see because Tag's door was closed. Hmmm....
4:47 am I laid a sleepy baby boy in his crib and walked quietly into the hallway. I peered into the girls' room....and both beds were empty! Hmmmm. :) I walked into our bedroom and was greeted by two sets of wide-open blue eyes and big smiles with their heads on my pillow. Luke was sound asleep.... Immediately Faith Anna (my verbose child) began explaining everything to me. "I had a nightmare that alligators were under my bed! When I woke up, Beth wasn't in her bed. I waited about 10 minutes, but she never came back and I got sooooo worried about her! So I had to get up and come look for her...and I found her in your bed!" Then Beth had to put her two cents in, "Actually, I had a dream about my birthday in Michigan...and I wanted to come and tell you all about it." They were both so cute that I couldn't make them go back to their beds. So once again, I decided to take advantage of some special time loving on my girls. So we all snuggled in our bed like sardines, and I gave those infamous hair scratches to two blonde-headed cuties. And they of course fell fast asleep...
5:15 am I on the other hand laid there awake for another half hour. Once I'm awake, it's hard for me to turn off my mind. :) So I just laid there and and thought about how completely blessed I am, how precious this family is that God has entrusted to Luke and I for such a short time, and how I truly have the best job in the whole world...
And to sign off this blog....here are a few fun pics from this week. Enjoy and sweet dreams...
Couldn't ya just eat him up??

2 comments:
it's good to hear an experienced mama enjoying the sleepless nights with her kids. i try to savor those night, but it's so hard when those nights are more frequent than not.
your head scratches are famous in my world too!
i loved the way you described faith & beth's dream re-telling. i could hear their little voices just reading it!
What fun memories:) You are such a great mama...
Post a Comment