Friday, October 14, 2011

My last day to have a 3-year old

Today is my last day to have a 3-year old.  I really can't believe it.  These years have gone by so fast.  Tag is so funny and cute- brings such joy into our house and our hearts.  He has been ready to be 4 for a couple of months now- of course he thinks he's much older than he is with a big brother like Logan.  But since October 1st, we've been on the "birthday countdown"....and today he woke up and proclaimed, "One day left!"  Brings a huge smile to my face....and a little tear to my eye.

Luke took the kids to school a couple of days ago- and in the car the older ones were practicing some things that were due that day.  Logan dutifully recited the first 3 paragraphs of the Gettysburg Address- very impressive!  He has worked so hard on that.  Next, Faith Anna recited Ephesian 6:10-18....the armor of God verses.  Very nice!  Beth then said her memory verse- "The heavens declare the glory of God.  Psalm 19:1"  There was a short pause, and Tag shouted out, "Well I know the Lord's Prayer!  Our Father, who art in heaven...."

Luke said it was the cutest thing as he recited each line....keeping in step with his older siblings.  I guess he is ready to be four....I'm just not sure I am.  :)

No comments: