Logan has officially entered the world of "double digits". He'd been waiting for this auspicious birthday for some time now....and was so excited at the end of October when it finally arrived. Luke and I had really been talking it up for awhile...how this was one of the first milestones in becoming a man. Well, needless to say....he was pumped! On his birthday eve, I took him out on a mom-son date, and we had a ball. I told him it was only fitting to celebrate his big day on the day I was supposed to deliver him....but instead spent those 23 hours in labor, and had him at 6am the next morning. We both laughed and thought it was the perfect night to celebrate. (Plus I was going on a girls weekend on his actual birthday and didn't want for him to feel slighted. :) Worked out great!) Our date was his choice....dinner at Mi Cocina with a whole combination fajita nacho plate for just him...and Sprite to drink of course. Then off to Adventure Landing where we raced Go-Karts and played Putt-putt. Lastly to the Lego Store to buy some long-awaited Lego men. And on the way home, a drive-thru stop for a chocolate shake to share. I honestly can't remember a recent time when it was just the two of us....we had a total blast! Logan is just plain fun to hang out with. He has grown into a confident, determined young man, who still has a very tender side. I love that he can be athletic and "all boy" too, but has a sensitive side that is always striving to do what's right, to protect and look out for the weaker ones, and is truthful to a fault almost. He always wants good to prevail and can't understand why someone would want to do wrong. He wants everyone to know Jesus and talks often about "being salt and light to others". He still gives me big hugs, but turns his face when I go to kiss him so that my kisses now land on his cheek. :( He is growing up....but it's good. It's what is supposed to be happening....and I'm choosing to embrace it. I love you, Logan. Happy Double Digits!
He was well-celebrated that weekend! After my date with him and Luke's time with him, Boo took him to a movie and dinner....Leonard and Liz took him to Medieval Times... Good stuff.


No comments:
Post a Comment