Monday, December 10, 2007

New Day

It is truly a new day in the Burton household! Our sweet baby boy is 8 weeks old today...and he officially slept through the night last night! Can you tell that this mama is happy?! I fed him and put him to bed about 11pm....and that child woke up at 7:30am! When Luke's alarm went off this morning, he kindly asked me how my night was and said that he didn't hear me getting up with the baby. (Luke has been awesome about getting up and helping me in the middle of the night when I need "back-up"!) I just had a huge grin on my face and said that Tag hadn't woken up yet. Praise God....He has brought me joy this morning!

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14 I am definitely singing for joy...

I have some great pics to post soon, but our main computer is down today. Luke is doing some updates and has it unplugged. In fact, he and I were both climbing around in the attic for several hours last night after the big kids went to bed....trying to run cables, drilling holes in walls by mistake, and trying not to step through the ceiling. It was hilarious! And today, all that we have to show for it is white insulation strewn all through the house. Ha! My husband cracks me up. He is the handiest person I have ever known. How in the world did he ever learn all these skills...or come up with the confidence to pull these things off? :) Anyway, we should have a much faster computer up and running later tonight and I will post the pictures. Here are some of the fun things we've had going on lately...

My niece Caroline's famous Annual Cookie Decorating Party (I think this is the first year I have placed....she humbly awarded me with Honorable Mention...I think she felt sorry for me!), Faith Anna singing in her Happy Birthday Jesus concert, Tag's first smile (don't know if I have actually captured that on the camera...but he's been smiling for over a week now!!), Logan playing in his first two basketball games, and all kinds of fun Christmas decorating and making our house resemble the Griswold's. My sweet 9-month old nephew Austin has also just come through a week-long stay at Children's Medical Center with pneumonia. It has been an incredibly hard week for my sister and brother-in-law as they had to trust God in a whole new way with their precious baby boy. But yet another huge praise that God has brought Austin, Jen and CJ through that. Thank you Jesus. And my other sister Jessica is just about a week away (we think!) from bringing our new niece into the world! YAH! Fun stuff...

So keep looking....I'll get some pics up soon.

Hope you are all enjoying the magic of this Christmas season. I just love this time of year when we celebrate the birth of Jesus. And it is such a privilege to experience it through the eyes of a child. Logan, Faith Anna and Beth remind me daily of the wonder of it all, the grace and forgiveness of God, and the joy Christ brings. If I can figure out how to post a video, I'll have to show you the girls singing their Christmas songs from school...complete with all the cute motions and priceless facial expressions. It is absolutely the most precious thing ever...

3 comments:

Kara said...

i CAN'T WAIT to see the video. i laughed out loud imagining you and luke crawling around your attic trying to drill holes and step in the right places. i wish that was on camera too!
hope to see yall very soon...

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

What a great post...very informative:) Yea for Tag sleeping through the night!! I know you needed a good night's sleep...can't wait for Tag and Baby Girl to meet:)

chris said...

Shan- I just spent the last 30 minutes reading your blog and looking at your pics! You have such a beautiful fmaily!!! You are so very blessed! Please give all of the Johnsons a BIG HUG from me. I miss ya'll soooooo much! Please plan a trip to Shreveport soon. I am looking forward to seeing all of you and meeting little Tag!
I LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!! Chris