One of our favorite things to do in Bay View is just hang out on the porch. Here are Luke and Nan enjoying some porch time.
We spent Father's Day in Michigan this year. The morning started out at The Pancake House and just got better as the day went on...

Luke and Faith AnnaLuke is such a great Daddy...just look at these happy faces!
The evening ended with this unbelievable sunset. This is the view from the front porch looking out over the bay. Nothing like a Michigan sunset.
We spent lots of time on the Bay View beach. The kids just loved the sand...and actually enjoyed the water, despite it being about 60 degrees! Chilly....
So of course if Logan did it, Faith Anna had to try it. So here are she and Luke taking their turn at swimming in the frigid bay water. I couldn't believe it. Swimming in the bay at 4 1/2 years old!

More sand play. Beth is such a little love.Another one of our favorite places is the "Waterfall park" as the kids call it. It is actually called Sunset park, I think, down on the Petoskey bayfront. The girls loved posing by the waterfall...
They were very proud of themselves for climbing to the top of these stairs. There's Beth at the bottom heading up as well. She couldn't be left out of the fun...and yes, she made it all the way to the top too!Another favorite activity was playing in the sprinkler...

Logan decided that just riding a scooter wasn't exciting enough...so he created a new activity that he called "scooter skiing"!
This was a common evening pastime...watching the girls perform ballet and curtsey on the front porch.One evening we had a picnic in downtown Petoskey at the "Gazebo park" as the kids refer to it. It was such a nice night playing frisbee golf, eating ice cream after dinner, and playing with the kids.
And Logan had fun playing on this vintage war-time cannon.Pirate's Cove putt-putt park is another favorite place for us to go. Logan and Faith Anna had a blast here! Faith Anna wouldn't wash off her pirate tattoo for a couple of weeks afterward! ha.

One afternoon we drove a few miles over to the darling city of Charlevoix to watch the drawbridge open. Every half hour, the siren would go off signalling that the bridge was about to open and let the tall sailboats and yahts pass through. We had such a fun time there that day with Granny Boo.

Faith Anna accomplished something quite significant this year...she successfully swung across an entire set of monkey bars! She's been working at this for some time now...and she was so proud of herself.


I think we played on a playground nearly everyday! The weather was magnificent and we just thoroughly enjoyed being outside all the time. What a fun trip. Thanks again to Nanny, Boo and Chris, for a such a fun time.
This is on the plane trip home. Luke had to go home and get back to work a week earlier than us, so I braved the plane trip by myself...5 months pregnant with our three kids. Ha! Some thought we were crazy, but wouldn't you know? The kids did great and we had a fabulous trip. I couldn't believe that all three of them slept during most of the 2 hour second plane trip. Here are Faith Anna (never without her tiara) and Logan completely under his yoda blanket.
And our sweet Beth, completely sacked out. I knew Luke wouldn't believe it, so I had to document it. I actually got to read several chapters in my book that evening on the plane...pretty nice.We had such a fun time! Can't wait until next year...




























2 comments:
wow! that looks like such a fun place to visit!
you were very brave to fly with the kiddos by yourself, but they are so well behaved.
i love the pic of faith hanging from the monkey bars because it looks like a real tattoo on her arm! also, the one of all three kids being silly at the base of those stairs is too cute! i can't wait to see what #4 looks like...could a brown eyed Burton be in the future?!?! : )
Beautiful pictures! Looks like a wonderful trip with so many great memories.
I had to chuckle when I saw the pic of you with your baby belly...that's what you looked like when I MET you! Wow.
AND...I think Olivia and Faith Anna have the same swimsuit. Those girly girls.
Post a Comment