Friday, October 9, 2009

Good fruit

Just had to share this real quick...I know it will bless you.

Luke and I stayed up way too late last night "busting the stack"- going thru mail, paying bills, filing papers.  I hate all the paper clutter, and ours had been piling up for months.  Anyway...all that to say I let myself "sleep in" since we went to bed after midnight.

I walked out to the breakfast table at 6:45, instead of at 6, and Faith Anna is sitting there fully dressed for school, reading her Bible.  I was so surprised...my whole sleepy countenance changed to one of joy.  "Good morning girl!  I just came out to read my Bible."
FA- "Well that's what I'm doing too.  I'm reading in Luke."
Me- "Really?  That's what I'm reading too."

So we exchanged big smiles and I sat down next to her just giddy...I could hardly contain it.  So we read together for about 20 min....and shared our twistable crayon highlighters. (!)  It was more than I could stand.
You know I have prayed for the day that some good fruit would grow from something I've done right...and God let me see a tiny glimpse of that today. Oftentimes we only see the bad fruit...something they pick up from us that we'd rather them not...like my short temper at times or the way I sometimes raise my voice....let's just say it, YELL, when I get super frustrated.  But today, God let me see some of the good fruit.  And it tasted so so sweet.

1 comment:

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

All I can say is wow...that is truly a blessing Shan!