Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Making progress!

Every day, our little man is making good progress! He was on the ventilator for just under 72 hours. They took him off the vent on Friday, October 19th. Those were a crazy few days! So hard to see him hooked up to a machine that was breathing for him. But it allowed him to rest since he had been working so hard to breathe. Then on Sunday, October 21st, Luke and I got to hold him! First time since the recovery room. That was a long 6 days...







On Monday, October 22nd, my dad and I went up to visit and they had moved Tag from the incubator into a regular newborn bed! He looks like such a big boy in there.




My Dad's first time to hold his newest grandson... Check out the grip Tag has on his finger!


First time I'd seen those big open eyes!


Then on Tuesday, October 23rd, they let him try bottle feeding for the first time! Here he is gulping it down. After he did great with 2 feedings, the nurse went ahead and pulled his feeding tube out. Praise God!

My mom went with me and here she is holding him for the very first time!



Just staring at mama. We are bonding....


Look at that precious face....holding tight onto my finger.

Thanks for praying for our son. We appreciate everyone's thoughts and calls so much! God is good.

4 comments:

Kara said...

LOVE all the pictures! he is absolutely adorable and huge! we can't wait to meet the guy and see the rest of your family. love you all!

Kara said...

i came back to look at the pictures to start off my morning. i realized that you, Shannon, look so young and healthy in all of the pictures! just thought you should know : )

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

Love all of the pics you posted...I am amazed that you have already gotten them up on your blog! I need to update mine!! Yikes...I cannot wait to see pics of him at HOME! Love you--Jes

Kevin said...

So awesome that things have progressed so well. Glad to hear that Tag is off of the tube feeds and is taking the bottle. We will continue to pray for y'all to get to bring him home soon. Shan...you look great!!! I know life has been stressful, so we have been praying for peace and rest for you. Luke, love the pic of Tag on your chest...you are an awesome dad, praying for your rest as well.

Love you guys. Hugs to the fam.
--Kevin